Since I’ve got them all right in front of me I thought it’d be fun to highlight some real, legitimate Shakespeare lines that could be used to pick someone up at the bar. No joke here, no twisty punch lines. I’m looking at a lengthy list of Shakespeare quotes and it struck me that some sound like pickup lines. You’ll have to write back and tell me if any of these worked!
- I would not wish any companion in the world but you.
- Your heart’s desires be with you!
- The very instant that I saw you did my heart fly to your service.
- When you do dance, I wish you a wave o’ the sea, that you might ever do nothing but that. Probably only useful after chasing down someone who’s just come off the dancefloor.
- Who ever loved that loved not at first sight? Yeah, I’ve heard you want to be careful starting out with the L word.
- If love be rough with you, be rough with love; Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Especially useful when your target gives off that “recently broke up with somebody” vibe.