Earlier this year I had the opportunity to review Wayne Myers’ The Book of Twelfth Night, or What You Will: Musings on Shakespeare’s Most Wonderful (and Erotic) Play [review can be found here]. Since it spends so much time describing famous productions of the play, I suggested that it needed some pictures.
Well, Wayne happens to be a follower of the blog, heard and agreed with my comments, and I’m happy to report that the latest edition addresses this very issue! I’m looking at a brand new copy with over a dozen pages of Twelfth Night images. Very cool!
I’m also happy to announce that the author has generously donated some copies for us to give away! And, since we’ve just launched Shakespeare Answers, this seemed like a golden opportunity to cross promote.
1) Create an account on Shakespeare Answers, if you do not already have one.
2) Answer this question. This is so that people interested in entering the contest can all be counted in one place. If you don’t know the answer, wait a moment, someone else is bound to (even if the author needs to give a little help…) Repeat answers are allowed, you don’t have to be the first one. This is just a place to check in.
3) Contribute to the site in at least three (3) additional ways. This could include asking a question, answering one, or commenting on someone else’s question or answer. The more you interact with the site, the higher your reputation/karma score gets. (Higher scores will not increase your chance of winning).
4) The subject does not have to be Twelfth Night – but if you *do* have a question about Shakespeare’s “most wonderful (and erotic) play”, then the author himself may be the one to answer it!
5) Contest ends on midnight Friday, June 24.
6) Three (3) names will be chosen at random from eligible entries received. Winners will receive a copy of the latest edition of Wayne Myers’ book. (As always, we must be able to notify you if you win, so please use a real email address when you create your Answers account, as this is what I’ll be using to contact you.)